Wednesday 6 November 2013

Reading Assignment #3- Text Connections


Text to Text Connection (t-t)



In the book I am reading a book called looking for Alaska the main character is a boy named Miles Halter. In the previous books that I have read the main character has always been a girl. It is weird for me to read a book from a guys perspective because I am not use to it. When I first started reading my book I just assumed the main character was a girl but it wasn't until later on in the book that I realized that it was from a guys perspective.  It is nice to experience a book from a different perspective. It changes things up a bit.

 

Text to World Connection (t-w)

 

In the book I am reading called looking for Alaska the main character Miles Halter goes to a new school and ends up making more friends then he had at his last school. I think he didn’t have very many friends at his old school because he was a quiet shy kid, so when he went to his new school where he met his roommate he helped Miles make more friends. This is something that happens in the real world. Lots of kids are super quiet so it is hard for them to make friends but if they start talking to that one person who isn’t so quiet that person can help them make friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment